CALSTAR 2 — GILROY
540 Cohansey Avenue
Gilroy, CA 95020
CALSTAR 2 is proud to be a part of the Gilroy community since 1993 and is based at Saint Louise Regional Hospital just off Highway 101. Gilroy is centrally located within a short driving distance of Monterey Bay, Santa Cruz, the San Joaquin Valley, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
CALSTAR 2 is the busiest of the ten CALSTAR helicopter bases. Its 150 nautical mile range extends from the San Francisco Bay Area to San Luis Obispo. It provides emergency medical services to six counties: Santa Clara, Merced, San Benito, Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Luis Obispo.
CALSTAR 2 primarily serves trauma patients and is highly skilled in scene work. About 80% of all medical services are for trauma scenes. The other 20% of medical flights are interfacility transports. These include the transport of adult, pediatric, obstetrical, and neonatal patients.
New Year's Day has become a special day for the Gilroy base because that is that day that the Robert Miller Memorial Poker Run is held at Hollister Hills. All proceeds from this event are donated to our CALKIDS program, which helps to cover transport costs for uninsured and underinsured pediatric patients.